Chest & Shoulders Supersets Workout is Day 21 in Heather Robertson‘s 12 Week Program. This was a tough upper body strength workout! Heather supersets 2 exercises together then you repeat that superset 3 times before moving on. It starts to burn–I was sometimes really struggling during the 3rd superset. My chest and shoulders definitely feel well worked. And, of course, Heather throws in some cardio/metabolic moves that also work the upper body to make sure you are burning maximum calories during a strength workout. Since this workout is only 47 minutes, I used one of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts as a finisher: Day 29 Toned Arms. My upper body got a great workout this morning! I know I’ve said it before, but one of the things I really appreciate (and love) about Heather’s 12 Week Program is the attention to warm ups and stretches. They are very thorough.
The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise. For any exercise that includes impact, Heather shows a low impact variation during the preview.
Chest & Shoulders Supersets Workout is 46:56 minutes; 4 minute warm up and 5:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 5, 10 and 15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Overhead & front raise (extend arms/DBs to sides in a T, do one standing chest fly, when arms are back in a T raise arms/DBs overhead, continue alternating the two raises) (5# DBs)
- Chest press (lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor, hips are lifted into bridge and held there isometrically while doing chest press) (22.5# DBs)
- Repeat #1 & 2 two more times
- Push up & reach (do one push up + raise one arm straight in front of you to shoulder level, alternate arms with a push up between each arm raise)
- Bent over rear delt flys (8# DBs)
- Repeat #4 & 5 two more times
- High pulls (upright row into goalpost arms) (8# DBs)
- Weighted jacks (jack the legs while doing overhead presses with the arms) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #7 & 8 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Military press (shoulder press with arms in goalpost) (16.5# DBs)
- Walking plank (straight arm plank to elbow/forearm plank)
- Repeat #11 & 12 two more times
- Lay down push up (start in straight arm plank, keeping body straight from heels to shoulders, lower body to mat, raise arms and legs into superman, place hands back under shoulders and, keeping body straight from heels to shoulders, push back up into plank)
- Chest flys (18# DBs)
- Repeat #14 & 15 two more times
- Lateral raise (straight arm side raises) (8# DBs)
- Burpee press (start standing with a DB in each hand, hinge forward and place DBs on floor, jump feet back to plank, jump feet back to hands, stand and do a double arm overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Repeat #17 & 18 two more times
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Chest & Shoulders SUPERSETS Workout // Day 21 HR12WEEK 2.0”
Good Monday to you!
Today I did Michelle’s 38 min trampoline core and more workout. I’m not sure if you did this one (I couldn’t find it on your list?) or I found it when I searched for her workouts on YouTube … but it was a ton of fun! During one of the interval segments I stopped briefly to towel off and grab a drink so hubs got on it and was goofing around which made me laugh like crazy! I had to shoo him off, though, so I could finish. ☺️
I ended it with Caroline’s 15 min chest/shoulder workout which is actually a full UB workout. It’s my favorite UB short-duration dumbbell strength workout because she packs a TON in that short time.