10 Min Toned Arms Workout is Day 29 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 Series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that she uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a great little upper body finisher workout to hit your arms and shoulders and give you some cardio. In fact, it was the perfect finisher for my workout this morning. I did Naomi Joy‘s Rebounder Upper Body HIIT Sprints, so my my upper body was well warmed up when I came to Heather’s Daily 10 finisher. This continued the cardio + strength work and also rounded out my morning workout nicely. In fact, between the two workouts my triceps feel like they got lots of work! The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
10 Min Toned Arms Workout is 10:42 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Curl & press (double arm hammer curl into overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Tricep press (single arm overhead tricep extension) (one 12# DB)
- Repeat #2 on other arm
- Walking plank (alternate forearm plank with straight arm plank)
- Swing & switch (single arm kettlebell swing using a DB, alternate arms passing DB to other hand at top of swing) (one 16.5# DB)
- 1.5 bicep curls (curl DBs halfway, lower back to start then do a one full bicep curl) (15# DBs)
- Tricep push ups
- Around the world (with palms facing forward and hands in front of thighs, keeping arms straight, raise DBs out to sides then overhead, lower DBs out to sides and back in front of thighs) (7# DBs)
- Worm jack taps (start standing at end of mat, hinge forward at hips and walk hands out to plank, do 2 plank jacks tapping one hand to opposite shoulder when jacking (once each hand), walk hands back to feet, stand and jump, reaching arms overhead)
- Tricep kickback (13# DBs)
- Weighted jacks (jack the legs while doing overhead press) (5# DBs)
- Shadow box (alternating weighted front punches) (5# DBs)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “DAY 29 // THE DAILY10: 10 Min Toned Arms Workout”