20 Min Total Body Workout is a cardio + strength workout from Heather Robertson. Though it does qualify as total body, I would have preferred more back work. But it is short and works well as an add on workout. In fact, I combined with with Heather’s Low Impact Strength & Cardio. That workout hit my back a little better. Between the two I got a great metabolic total body strength workout.
This workout has 2 circuits, each containing 5 exercises. Each circuit is done 2 times. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
20 Min Total Body Workout is 27:06 minutes; 2:40 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 5, 10 and 25 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Goblet squat (one 50# DB)
- Deadlifts (40# DB)
- Jumping jacks
- Side lunge & raise (stand with legs wide holding one DB in each hand, do alternating stationary side lunges, reaching DBs toward foot while in lunge, between each lunge do one straight arm lateral raise) (9# DBs)
- High knee run
- Repeat #1-5
30 second rest
- T-push ups (one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with one push up between each side plank)
- Rear delt flys (9# DBs)
- Tricep kickbacks (13# DBs)
- Overhead tricep press (French press) (one 25# DB)
- Mountain climbers
- Repeat #1-5
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.