HIIT Workout With Weights is another intense metabolic strength workout from Heather Robertson. This workout really builds. I was (as usual when doing Heather’s workouts) working very hard. HIIT definitely belongs in the title of this workout. Every move uses dumbbells plus there is some weighted plyometrics. I did this as a doubles workout and used Heather’s 5 Minute Warm Up before starting this workout then used her Quick Daily Stretch to stretch me out afterwards. A short but excellent and intense workout.
This workout is made up of one circuit of 10 exercises. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of rest. You will do this circuit 2 times. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval time. During the 20 second recovery a rectangle appears in the lower left hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise.
HIIT Workout With Weights is 22:30 minutes, 30 second intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather used a set of 10 pound dumbbells for every exercise. I used 8-20 pound dumbbells. The weights listed in the breakdown below are what I used.
- Push Press + Hop (holding DBs at shoulders, do a squat with an overhead press at top then do another squat and when you stand do a hop) (10# DBs)
- Wood Chop (holding one DB in both hands, chop from one hip upward and diagonally across body toward corner of room) (one 10# DB)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Plank Pass (in straight arm plank with DB on floor just outside of one hand, reach under body with other hand, grab DB and place on floor just outside of where hand will be then place hand on floor, alternate sides) (one 20# DB)
- Speed Skater (holding one DB in both hands, chop DB to outer thigh of each leg) (one 10# DB)
- Squat L Raise (do a squat while swinging one DB between thighs and the other beside thigh, when you stand, raise DB that was between thigh straight in front of you and other DB straight out to side of body, alternate sides with each squat) (8# DBs)
- Squat Curl + Hop (squat while also doing a bicep curl, at top of squat hop) (10# DBs)
- Deadlift + Upright Row (12# DBs)
- T Push Ups (do one tricep push up then rotate into side plank, raising DB straight to ceiling, alternate sides with a tricep push up between each side plank) (10# DBs)
- Alternating Reverse Lunges (15# DBs)
- Burpee Jacks (weighted burpees, jack feet out wide while in plank and at top of burpee do a jack while pushing DBs overhead) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #1-11