Fat Burning HIIT Workout with Weights is another tough and intense metabolic strength training workout from Heather Robertson. I was working hard! It isn’t a total body workout but close. Heather hits everything except your triceps and back. But what she does hit, she works well. This workout includes a warm up but not a stretch, so I finished it off with Heather’s Full Body Stretch. That cooled me down and stretched me out. It also rounded out my morning workout time to an hour.
This workout consists of 4 different circuits. The first two circuits use dumbbells, the 3rd circuit is core focused and the 4th circuit is all cardio. Each circuit contains 5 exercises and is done twice. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. During the 15 second recovery, a rectangle appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen, previewing your next exercise.
Fat Burning HIIT Workout with Weights is 47 minutes; 1 minute intro, 5 warm up and no cool down/stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used.
- Squats (holding DBs at shoulders) (15# DBs)
- Lunge + Twist (alternating reverse lunge holding one DB in both hands, while in lunge, twist torso/DB toward front leg) (one 15# DB)
- Stand Up + Hop (start in double kneeling with hands clasped in front of you, raise into squat position one leg at a time, do a hop, then lower back to kneeling one leg at a time, never using hands and alternating which leg steps out first)
- Deadlift + Row (12# DBs)
- Alternating Side Lunges (holding one DB in both hands) (15# DBs)
- Repeat #1-5
- Press Combo (lower into wide sumo squat and hold, while in squat do a hammer curl, stand and do an overhead press) (12# DBs)
- Push Backs (push up into plank squat)
- Lunge Flys (alternating reverse lunges, while in lunge do straight arm side raises) (5# DBs)
- Pike Reach (start in straight arm plank, push back into down dog and touch one hand to opposite ankle, alternate sides returning to plank between each ankle touch)
- Shadow Boxing (in split stance, do alternating front punches while holding light DBs) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #7-11
- Walking Plank Jacks (alternate one plank jack in straight arm plank with one plank jack in elbow plank)
- Bicycle Crunch
- Reverse Tucks (lay on back, hands beneath hips, push legs overhead while doing a reverse crunch then bend knees and push legs out straight a few inches off the floor)
- Crab Dance (in crab, alternate tapping one hand to opposite foot)
- Mountain Climber
- Repeat #13-17
- Sprint (high knee run in place)
- Leap + Hop (side leap + hop in place)
- Burpee Jacks (burpee with jumping jack at top of burpee)
- Cross Jacks (with legs wide, touch one hand to opposite toe + one jack, alternate sides with a jack between each)
- Pop Squats (squat jacks, tapping floor with fingertips while in squat)
- Repeat #19-23
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.