30 Minute HIIT Workout Round 2 is another cardio + strength interval rebounder workout from Dustin Ripkins. The strength is all body weight strength but using the rebounder. It is structured just like his first HIIT rebounder workout: it is made up of one circuit of 10 exercises. You repeat the circuit 3 times. Round 1: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. One minute recovery. Round 2: 35 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. One minute recovery. Round 3: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. You get one minute to recover between circuits. There is a timer in the upper right-hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals.
One difference between this workout and his first workout is that this workout does not have a warm up. However Dustin has created a 6 minute rebounder warm up that I used before doing this workout. Though I did like this workout a lot, I think I liked his first one better. I don’t know. They both have a lot of great exercises in them. The intensity in this one really built, too. It seemed easier at first but by the end I was working hard. I decided to wear shoes this time so I could do everything at the highest level I was capable of. I burned 212 calories and that includes the warm up.
30 Minute HIIT Workout Round 2 is 30:38 minutes; 1 minute intro, no warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and a mat or towel. Dustin shows modifications for many of the exercises.
- 4 scissor runs + 2 jumping jacks
- Push ups with hands on rebounder
- 2 high knee runs + one front kick
- Stand in front of rebounder, squat, sit on rebounder, roll back onto rebounder, raising feet and bringing knees into chest, roll back to sitting, placing feet on the floor, stand and jump
- Stand beside rebounder with one foot on rebounder and one on floor, step hop over rebounder to other side so that foot positions are swapped, step hop back and forth over rebounder and while in uneven squat reach fingertips toward floor
- In elbow plank with forearms on rebounder and feet on floor, rotate hips side to side
- Stand on floor facing rebounder, step one foot on rebounder and raise other knee with a hop then step down onto floor, alternate legs
- Lay on floor with one foot on rebounder frame and other raised to ceiling, do single leg glute bridges
- Repeat #8 on other leg
- Twisting tuck jumps