Beginner Trampoline Workout with Light Hand Weights is a great introduction to Naomi Joy‘s rebounder workouts. Most of Naomi’s workouts are intermediate or advanced level workouts. This one is definitely easier but still loads of fun. In fact, I used it as a warm up for one of Naomi’s other excellent cardio + strength rebounder workouts: Mini Trampoline Upper Body Sculpt. This workout warmed my upper body up very nicely. Naomi does this workout outside with a colorful mural behind her. It is apparently cold because she is wearing a ski cap and looks very cute. This workout was also filmed at the same time as her other, much more advanced workout: Rebounder HIIT Tabata Workout (they are both set in the same place and she is dressed the same, plus she uploaded them a few days apart).
This workout is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the workout time. There is another timer on the left hand side of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. Naomi previews the next move during the recovery. This workout is done voice over. Naomi uses 5 pound dumbbells for the entire workout but, for me, that was too heavy for some of the moves. I always have a step set up beside my rebounder where I set a towel, a bottle of water and any equipment I might need for the workout I am about to do. I had both 3 and 5 pound dumbbells sitting on it. The 10 second recovery you get for each exercise was enough time for me to swap out my dumbbells when necessary. And since Naomi previews each exercise during that recovery, I was able to quickly gauge which weight I would need. For some of the exercises I felt like I probably could have used heavier than 3 pounds but 5 pounds still seems like too much. Luckily, I also own 4 pound weights which I will have on my step the next time I do this workout.
Beginner Trampoline Workout with Light Hand Weights is 17:45 minutes; 1 minute intro, 2:40 minute warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light hand weights. Naomi is using 5 pound hand weights. The weights listed below are what I used.
- While hopping, arms are extended at shoulder height in a V, alternate lowering and raising arms (one arm is held isometrically while other arm moves) (3# DBs)
- While hopping, double punches, alternate arms (3# DBs)
- Double bounce jacks, arms are in goal post/cactus, open and close arms in goal post chest fly in time with legs (5# DBs)
- While hopping, arms are extended out to sides in a T at shoulder level, alternate lowering and raising arms (one arm is held isometrically while other arm moves) (3# DBs)
- While hopping in split stance, do tricep kickbacks (5# DBs)
- While hopping, do alternating overhead press (5# DBs)
- Repeat #5 with foot position swapped
- While hopping, do double arm overhead press (5# DBs)
- Double jacks, arms lift to sides only to shoulder level (3# DBs)
- Scissor runs with alternating hammer curls (5# DBs)
- Fast feet run while pushing arms forward and pulling elbows back behind you (4# DBs)
- High knee run, elbows are bent, palms facing ceiling, with elbows close to sides, alternate pushing DBs forward (4# DBs)
- Balance on one leg, other leg is extended in front of you, arms are extended to sides in a T at shoulder height, draw small circles with DBs (3# DBs)
- Repeat #13 but you are now balancing on other leg and circling DBs in opposite direction
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Beginner Trampoline Workout with Light Hand Weights”