Rebounder Workout with Weights // Low Impact Cardio Workout is another tough but fun rebounder workout from Naomi Joy. There is no complicated footwork in this workout. This is a cardio workout that uses light hand weights to increase the intensity of the workout, but they also give your upper body some nice conditioning work. When doing a rebounder workout I always have my high step at 24 inches next to my rebounder so I have easy access to my water bottle and towel. For workouts like this, I also set up a chair (or a full step, depending on how many dumbbells I need) so I have easy access to a wider variety of equipment. Naomi has another workout similar to this one (Beginner Trampoline Workout With Light Handweights) and I use several different weights when doing that workout. For this workout I used primarily 3 pound hand weights but I also used 5 and 2 pound weights for a few exercises. I got a great and intense cardio workout. According to my FitBit I burned 332 calories and spent a total of 6 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. Since I used this as my morning workout and it is only 42 minutes, I used Naomi’s Beginner Trampoline Workout With Light Handweights (17:45 minutes) as my warm up. I burned a total of 440 calories between the two workouts.
The exercises are done interval fashion; each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen, counting down total workout time (not including the stretch). There is another timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Naomi previews the next exercise. Naomi has set this workout outdoors with a rocky beach and water behind her, and a city scape beyond that. To the left and behind the city, there is also a beautiful cloud covered mountain range. The scenery makes the workout even more enjoyable. There were even people behind her occasionally on boats, enjoying the water.
Rebounder Workout with Weights // Low Impact Cardio Workout is 41:50 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 4:30 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light dumbbells. Naomi is using 3 pound hand weights. I used 2-5 pound dumbbells.
- Jack the legs while doing an overhead press with the arms (5# DBs)
- Single knee raise with single arm front punch (punch with opposite arm, other arm is in guard) (3# DBs)
- Repeat # 2 on other side of body
- Scissor run with alternating overhead press (3# DBs)
- Jack the legs while alternating a straight arm side raise with a straight arm front raise (3# DBs)
- Basic bounce with goal post chest fly arms to a pattern: alternate arms for 4 reps + both arms for 4 reps (3# DBs)
- Basic bounce with tricep kickback arms (5# DBs)
- Alternating hopping knee raises, opposite arm pushes overhead when knee raises (3# DBs)
- High knee run, arms are extended out to sides of body drawing small circles with DBs (2# DBs)
- Alternate hopping one foot behind you while also rotating body to side, arms are raised to shoulder level with elbows bent and palms facing ground, when you hop foot back, pull elbows behind you (2# DBs)
- High knee run with alternating front punches, elbows are close to sides with arms bent and palms facing ceiling (3# DBs)
- Repeat #1-11 two more times
- Cool down bounce for about 30 seconds