Intense Low Impact HIIT // Total Body No Jumping Workout is metabolic conditioning workout from Heather Robertson. It is a great workout but I would not call it “total body.” Today is not my strength day so I used it as more of a cardio conditioning workout and it works very well for that. I didn’t even try to use heavy dumbbells, but for most of the exercises it would be difficult to lift heavy dumbbells anyway. I feel like the dumbbells are used mostly to increase intensity since this is a low impact workout. This is another one of Heather’s feel good workouts, for me at least. I felt like I was worked very well but not worn out. This workout is made up of 2 circuits that are each repeated three times. The exercises are all done interval style. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of recovery.
Intense Low Impact HIIT // Total Body No Jumping Workout is 40:02 minutes; 4 minute warm up and 5:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. It looks like Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. I used 5-12 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Side lunge & raise (stationary side lunge w/ single straight arm side raise at top of lunge, bring DB to foot when lunging) (one 8# DB)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- T Climber (holding DBs while in straight arm plank, step one foot into hands so you are in a deep lunge and raise opposite hand to ceiling, return to plank and do one tricep push up before repeating on other side of body) (5# DBs)
- Bear kick backs (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent–see picture associated with this review, Heather is doing this move), alternate raising one leg, pushing sole of foot to ceiling)
- Flying frog (squat with legs wide, touching fingertips to ground between legs, stand raising onto toes while reaching arms overhead, squat again, touching fingertips to ground between legs, stand raising onto toes while pulling elbows back at shoulder level, squeezing shoulder blades together)
- Repeat #1-5 two more times
30 second recovery
- Squat, lunge & curl (squat + reverse lunge, when you lunge, do a hammer curl) (12# DBs)
- Deadlift, lunge & lift (deadlift + reverse lunge (other leg), when you lunge, do a straight arm front raise) (8# DBs)
- Plank pass (start in straight arm plank with one DB outside of one hand, do one push then reach under body and grab DB with opposite hand and set on floor just outside of hand that grabbed it, alternate sides with a push up between each side) (one 12# DB)
- V sit & punch (sit on bottom, torso leaned back slightly, legs bent and raised a few inches off floor, hold this position while doing alternating cross punches) (5# DBs)
- Back and forth inchworm (start at back end of mat, hinge forward and place hands on floor, walk hands out so you are plank then step feet forward to hands and stand, raising arms overhead then hinge forward and place hands on floor, step feet back to plank, walk hands back to feet and stand raising arms overhead)
- Repeat #1-5 two more times