10 Min Upper Body Sculpt Workout is Day 24 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 Series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a thorough little upper body finisher. Heather manages to hit every muscle in your upper body in just 10 minutes plus she gives you some cardio, making this a short cardio + strength workout. I used this after another, longer upper body strength workout (Opposing Upper Body) and this did a great job finishing the job. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There are 10 exercises and every 5th exercise is a cardio burst. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down the intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min Upper Body Sculpt Workout is 10:59 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Inchworm push up & hop (stand at end of mat, hinge forward and walk hands out to plank, do one push up, walk hands back to feet, stand and jump, raising arms overhead)
- Push press (squat w/ DBs at shoulder level and when you stand do an overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Narrow & wide row (bent over rows, alternate one narrow row with arms close to sides with one wide row with elbows out to sides away from body) (20# DBs)
- T-push ups (one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with one push up between each side plank)
- Jumping jacks
- Curl & press (bicep curl, at top of curl when palms are at shoulders, do an overhead press keeping palms facing you, when you lower the DBs complete the curl) (15# DBs)
- Shadow box (alternating front punches with DBs) (5# DBs)
- Walking plank (alternate straight arm plank with forearm plank)
- Tricep kickback (alternating tricep kickbacks) (13# DBs)
- Burpees (full burpee with push up)