No Repeats HIIT Workout is Day 5 in Heather Robertson‘s week long Glow Up 2.0 Challenge. This is a cardio + strength workout. It is all body weight, no equipment needed. There are some body weight strength exercises, some core work and some cardio. Some of the cardio moves are plyometric power moves, so they also give you some strength work. I burned 252 calories. I really enjoyed the stretch at the end. Mostly because it includes happy baby pose. There are few stretches that feel as good as that one and more sore legs appreciated it.
This is Heather’s second Glow Up Challenge. (Here are my reviews of all of the workouts in her first Glow Up Challenge) Here is a little trailer about the second challenge. And here is her description of it: The Glow Up 2.0 is a free 7 Day workout series to help get you moving and will have you feeling your very best. The program also includes a free glow up guide that discusses nutrition and mindfulness and how incorporating these aspects into your daily routine can help you transform from the inside out! If you click on this link, then you can access the free guide.
No Repeats HIIT Workout is 30:05 minutes; 2 warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Jump squat
- Plank jack & tap (in straight arm plank, jack the legs, alternate tapping one hand to opposite shoulder)
- Pop lunges (hop back into reverse lunge then hop feet together, alternate sides when lunging)
- Jumping jacks
- Curtsy & squat hop (alternating curtsy lunges, between each curtsy lunge do one jump squat)
- T-push ups (one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with one push up between each side plank)
- High knee run
- Bicycle crunch
- Crab dance (in crab, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Side bridge & kick (in side elbow plank, reach one arm overhead, lower hips then raise hips then kick top leg forward (keeping it straight) and touch toe with top hand)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Burpee jacks (one jumping jack when standing then place hands on floor and jump legs out into a wide leg plank, jump feet back into hands)
- 30 second rest
- Scissor hop squats (4 scissor runs + 2 jump squats)
- Windmill lunges (alternating stationary side lunges, circle arms when changing sides, reaching both arms to foot while in lunge)
- Side lunge hops (alternating side lunges w/ a hop-shuffle when changing sides)
- Plank kick thru (in straight arm plank, kick one leg under body, rotating torso and raising opposite hand off floor to tap toe as it kicks, alternate sides)
- Cross punch & jump (stand with legs wide, do one cross punch then hop, alternate arms when punching)
- Butt kick runs
- Pulse & heel clicks (lower into sumo squat w/ arms extended in front of you and pulse down 3x + one squat jump clicking heels together)
- Frog crunch (lay on back, hands behind head, legs are raised off floor, keeping feet together, pull knees into chest, opening knees and bringing elbows to knees then push legs out straight at a 45 degree angle)
- Mountain climbers
- Lay down push ups (do one push up and lower body all the way to mat, extend arms straight in front of you and raise legs superman style, place hands on mat under shoulders again and do a push up)
- Plank ankle reach (in straight arm plank, push hips back into down dog while reaching one hand back to opposite ankle, return to plank then repeat down dog reach on other side of body)
- Star jumps (air jacks, landing in squat when legs are together)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.