Booty Bootcamp is an intense lower body strength workout from Heather Robertson. This workout is a lot of fun. Mostly because it keeps changing on you. Heather uses multiple tools to work those glutes thoroughly. She starts with booty band work then you do weighted strength work and the workout ends with glute and hamstring work using the stability ball. By the end of the workout my glutes and hamstrings were fried! Excellent workout. I used this workout in combination with Heather’s Chest & Back Supersets. Between the two workouts I got an excellent total body strength workout.
The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise. Because the recoveries are so short you need to have your equipment in place before the workout starts. For instance, for the Split Lunges and the Glute Bridges, 10 seconds is not sufficient time to get things in place before the exercise starts. So everything already needs to be in place so you can quickly get into position.
Booty Bootcamp is 33:36 minutes; 2:15 minute warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells, stability ball, booty band/resistance loop, yoga block and fitness mat. Heather is using 10 and 25 pound dumbbells. Heather also has a towel under the dumbbell during the weighted glute bridges to protect her hips. The weights listed below are what I used. Instead of a yoga block I used my square step at 10 inches.
Circuit 1: (booty band/resistance loop is around thighs/above knees)
- Banded squats (stand with legs wide so there is tension on band)
- Side steps (lower into partial squat, lateral step the length of the mat and back)
- Glute bridge (lay on mat with knees bent and heels pressing into mat, knees are open wide against band, lift and lower hips)
- Single leg bridge (same position as #3 but lift one leg to ceiling, lift and lower glutes)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Donkey kick (on all 4s, raise and lower leg bent at 90 degrees behind you, pushing sole of foot up to ceiling)
- Rear pulse (same position as #6, but extend leg out straight behind you, pulse straight leg upward)
- Repeat #6 & 7 on other leg
- Super squeeze (lay on stomach, arms are folded so forehead can rest on hands, lift both legs and pulse them outward against band)
30 second rest (remove booty band)
- Sumo squat (one 60# DB)
- Sumo pulses (body weight–lower to bottom of sumo squat and pulse down lower)
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Kickstand (single leg deadlift, hold one DB in both hands, back/non-working leg is in kickstand) (one 35# DB)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Split lunge (static/stationary lunge with back foot elevated on yoga block) (20# DBs)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Repeat #7 & 8
- Glute bridge (lay on back on mat, knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, one heavy DB on hips, raise and lower hips) (one 40# DB)
- Butterfly Bridge pulse (same position as #11 except soles of feet are together and knees are open wide, lift hips and pulse them upward) (one 40# DB)
- Repeat #10 & 11
30 second rest
Circuit 3: (get stability ball)
- Single leg bridge (lay on back on mat, one foot is on the stability ball and other foot is raised to ceiling, lift and lower hips)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Ball bridge (repeat #1 but with both feet on ball)
- Single leg curl (same starting position as #1, raise hips and, with heel on ball, roll ball forward and back, keeping hips lifted the entire time)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Hamstring curls (repeat #4 but with both heels on ball)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “🍑 Booty Bootcamp”
I did this workout today and the chest/back yesterday. Today I was like “yeah, she’s breaking out the ball!” I forgot how brutal the ball is for the glutes!
LikeLiked by 1 person