I’ve been so focused on Cathe’s Workout Blender that I’ve been neglecting Cathe Live, but I decided this week, I would play catch-up with Cathe‘s newest Live workouts. This morning I started with Love Those Legs. It is a short but great little workout. I like this workout for several reasons. First, it is a very good cardio + strength workout. Even tho it is pretty short (only 42 minutes) it still worked my legs very well. And 2nd, I liked the length. It is the perfect length for an add on to finish my legs off. This morning I chose Tracy Anderson‘s Precision Toning: Butt, which is 15 minutes of gluteal torture (mat work), bringing my total workout time to 57 minutes. My glutes are still protesting but I know it is from the combination of the two workouts (not from Love Those Legs alone). Still, I was able to get an excellent overall lower body workout thanks to the length.
Another bonus about this workout is that Cathe gives you an alternative move for her walking lunges. Usually when she does walking lunges, she only walks 3-4 lunges in each direction, which is completely doable in my workout room. But in one of her older Live workouts she walk-lunges EIGHT steps each way (Bun Burners, Barre & Ball). Which is absurd for anyone who doesn’t have a gym in their home as workout room, so it irritated me. After all, the Live workouts are for the home exerciser, right? Well, she does the 8 step walking lunges in this workout but this time she gives home exercisers an alternative move since we obviously do not have the same amount of floor space as she and her class do. So yay for Cathe–thinking of the home exerciser!
Love Those Legs is 42 minutes long; 6:30 minute warm up and 2 minute stretch. The only equipment needed for this workout is a variety of dumbbells. It aired live on 3/02/17 and here is the video clip.
- Marching sumos (Cathe uses one #15 DB, I used one 20# DB)
- Static lunges (Cathe uses one 15# DB, I used one 20# DB)
- Cardio: rope climbers
- Alternating side lunges (Cathe uses 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Cardio: squat kick squat lunge
- Repeat #4 & #5
- Cardio: 4 jacks + 4 air jacks
- Walking lunges (8 steps each way, 4 pulses w/ each step) (alternative move is pendulum lunges) (Cathe uses 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Pulsing rear lunges, alternate legs (Cathe uses 12# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Cardio: quarter turn jump squats
- Lateral plie walks, 4 to each side (12# DBs)
- Cardio: 3 hops forward, hop turn, 3 hops back
- Forward diagonal lunges (Cathe uses 12# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Single leg deadlifts (Cathe uses 12# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Repeat #13 & #14
- Cardio: Lateral side to side hop (one 10# DB)
- Cross-back pulsing lunges (Cathe used one 15# DB, I used one 20# DB)
- Plie squats, setting DBs one ground and picking it up (Cathe used 15# DBs, I used 20# DBs)
- Repeat #17 & #18 (the second time #18 ends w/ pulses)
- Cardio: lateral skaters