10 Min Lower Body HIIT Workout is Day 2 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that she is uploading every day in the month of November. I am loving Heather’s Daily 10 workouts! They are the perfect finishers to add on to the end of other workouts. None of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts contain warm ups or stretches so they are great to use as finishers at the end of another workout or you can string several of them together for a longer workout (just make sure you include a warm up and a stretch).
This is a nice little lower body finisher workout. I used this at the end of a total body strength workout to give my lower body some extra work. This is also a cardio + strength workout. It contains some plyometric exercises to work your lower body in a different way and to also give you a burst of cardio. In only 10 minutes I burned 100 calories (I was already well warmed up, so my heart rate was already elevated). The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min Lower Body HIIT Workout is 10:30 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather recommends 10-20 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Goblet squat (one 40# DB)
- Side lunge (alternating stationary side lunges, holding one DB in both hands at chest level) (one 30# DB)
- Jump squat
- Stationary lunge (DB is held on same side shoulder as front leg) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Stiff leg deadlift (35# DBs)
- Glute bridge (lay on mat with knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, one heavy DB on hips, raise and lower hips) (one 40# DB)
- Hop squat (squat jacks with 2 little hops between each squat, fingers touch the ground while in squat)
- Wall sit (hold wall squat isometrically entire interval with one DB resting on thighs) (one 20# DB)
- Power jacks (squat jacks but land in wide sumo squat)