Total Body HIIT Workout // Supersets is another cardio + strength workout from Heather Robertson. This was a mostly enjoyable workout but not as tough as some of her others I have been doing this week. I say “mostly” because I hate mountain climbers. I always do them when they appear in workouts but I never enjoy them. And, once again, she labels it total body when it is not. Yes, both your upper body and your lower body are worked but muscle groups are neglected. But you will burn some calories! For most of this workout, the supersets consist of one strength exercises and one cardio exercise. Except for the last superset which is all cardio. According to my FitBit I burned 218 calories.
The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
Total Body HIIT Workout // Supersets is 30:49 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 2:45 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 10 and 15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat (25# DBs)
- Pop Squat (squat jack, touching fingertips to ground while in squat)
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Side & front raise (alternate one double arm lateral raise with one double arm front raise) (9# DBs)
- Single arm swings (holding one DB in each hand, swing both DBs between legs kettlebell swing style, but at top of swing only raise one DB to shoulder level, alternate arms with each swing) (12# DBs)
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Side lunges (stationary alternating side lunges, holding one DB goblet style) (one 30# DB)
- Speed skater (lateral skiers the length of your mat)
- Repeat #7 & 8
- 30 second rest
- Deadlift & lunge (alternate one deadlift with one reverse lunge, alternate legs when lunging) (20# DBs)
- Scissor squat & hop (4 scissor runs + one squat jump)
- Repeat #11 & 12
- Push back push up (do one push up then push glutes back to heels keeping knees elevated a few inches off the floor)
- Mountain climbers
- Repeat #14 & 15
- Jumping jacks
- High knee run
- Repeat #17 & 18