Kickboxing Ballet Body Sculpt is another fun (and free!) fusion workout from Jessica Smith. In this workout you get kickboxing, barre and strength training–all in just under 35 minutes and all low impact. This is not her most intense metabolic workout, but I still loved it. The intensity actually builds as the workout progresses. When you are doing the sculpting, it is high rep so you cannot lift heavy, but Jessica does burn out whatever upper body muscle she is working. I wore my 2 pound weighted gloves throughout to increase the intensity of not just the kickboxing but everything.
Peanut is present but passed out like she is dead through most of the workout.
Kickboxing Ballet Body Sculpt is 34:30 minutes long; I do not know how long the warm up is since it starts with boxing drills, and 1:30 minute stretch. Jessica is using a set of 3 pound dumbbells for everything. I used 3, 5 and 10 pound dumbbells, and I also wore 2 pound weighted gloves throughout the entire workout.
- Boxing drills
- Twisting knee pulls (bringing opposite elbow to knee); changes to straight leg side lifts
- Pulse in horse stance (plié squat)
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- Pulsing horse stance again
- Renegade rows w/out weights (I used 10# DBs anyway)
- Standing again, pulse DBs behind you, arms straight; add alternating knee lifts (5# DBs)
- First position plié pulse (heels together), hinge at waist and do back rows w/ palms facing ceiling (10# DBs)
- Deadlift to overhead press (come up onto balls of feet when doing overhead press); changes to just overhead press w/ heel lifts (10# DBs)
- Wide plié pulses w/ chest flys; changes to pulsing arms together in front of body while still plié pulsing (3# DBs)
- Kickboxing drills
- Plie in first position (heels together) while bringing DBs out straight to sides then pulling elbows into sides; changes to pulsing (both upper and lower body move) and raise heels (3# DBs)
- Hold arms/DBs on goal post position and tap one toe out to side of body–bring elbows together while bringing extended toe to inside of knee (3# DBs)
- Repeat #12 and #13 (on other side of body)
- Lay on stomach and do swimmers but arms are beside body and raised off floor (so just legs are fluttering)
- Tricep presses in cobra; changes to tricep pulses on knees
- Lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor–raise into bridge on toes and do chest press with hips raises; changes to pulses (both upper and lower body) (10# DBs)
- In modified boat pose, bicycle legs while reaching arms out when same side leg extends