Total Body HIIT Workout with Weights is another excellent workout from Heather Robertson. This is an intense total body cardio + strength workout. Heather packed a lot into 30 minutes. I was working very hard and sweating quite a bit for a such a short workout. And she hit every muscle in the body in just 30 minutes–perfect if you are pressed for time. You get it all in just 30 minutes. Another winner! This workout has a warm up but no stretch. You can use one of Heather’s stretches at the end or, if you are using this workout as a doubles workout like I did today and are trying to keep your workout around 30 minutes, do a shorter stretch. YouTube has a lot of them. I used Boxflex’s 5 minute stretch today.
This workout is made up of 2 circuits, each consisting of 9 exercises. It is done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals. During the 10 second recovery, a rectangle appears above the clock previewing the next exercise.
Total Body HIIT Workout with Weights is 30 minutes; 45 second intro, 4:30 minute warm up and no cool down/stretch. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used.
- Push Press (squat with overhead press) (#10 DBs)
- Ankle Reach (start in plank, holding the light DBs, push back to down dog while reaching one DB toward opposite ankle, return to plank and alternate sides) (5# DBs)
- Knee Drive (reverse lunge with knee raise, do a hammer curl when raising knee) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Jack Press (jumping jack, holding one DB in both hands and pushing DB overhead as you jack) (one 5# DB)
- Russian Twist (5# DBs)
- One Arm Swing (singe arm kettlebell swing using a DB) (one 12# DB)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Boxer Burpee (full burpee holding DBs but instead of jumping at top of burpee do 2 punches) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-9
- 20 second rest
- Squat Jacks (holding one DB goblet style) (one 20# DB)
- Renegade Rows + Plank Jacks (row each arm + 1 plank jack) (12# DBs)
- Single Leg Deadlift + Overhead Press (10# DBs)
- Repeat #14 on other side of body
- Curtsy Lunge + Straight Arm Side Raise (side raise while in lunge) (5# DBs)
- Curtsy Lunge (other leg) + Straight Arm Front Raise (front raise while standing) (8# DBs)
- Weighted Squat Jumps (10# DBs)
- Fast Alternating Tricep Kickbacks (8# DBs)
- High Knee Runs (holding DBs at shoulders) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #12-20
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.