Full Body HIIT Workout From Home is another tough workout from Heather Robertson. In 20 minutes she managed to kick my butt! However, I do understand why she gets so many requests for “no repeat” workouts. The same circuit was repeated 4 times and by the 4th time, I was ready for something new! But it was still a great metabolic workout.
This workout is done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. You are doing a circuit of 5 exercises that you repeat 4 times. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery, you get a preview of the next exercise. And just like the majority of Heather’s other workouts, this workout is music only, no talking. Since this workout does not include a cool down or stretch at the end, I finished it off with Heather’s Quick Daily Stretching Routine.
Full Body HIIT Workout From Home is 21 minutes; 45 second intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather does not reveal the weight of the dumbbells she is using. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat + Swing (holding one DB in both hands, swing DB between thighs as you squat then swing it overhead as you stand) (one 12# DB)
- Walking Plank (straight arm plank to elbow plank)
- Deadlift + Row (single leg deadlift with a double arm back row while hinged forward) (15# DBs)
- Mountain Climbers
- Leap Frog (wide squat jumps forward and back, touching the ground with fingertips each time you are squatting)
- Repeat #1-5 three more times