At Home Toned Thighs Workout // No Equipment is another great lower body finisher workout from Heather Robertson. There is no warm up and it’s short–only 19 minutes. The perfect length to tack onto the end of a longer workout. This is a body weight strength workout. It is also cardio + strength. The cardio moves work the same muscle groups you just worked in the strength exercises that came before it. This was thoroughly enjoyable. I had just finished one of Heather’s very tough and longer (40 minutes) lower body workouts: Killer Leg Day–which is killer if you are using heavy dumbbells, and I was. So it is was actually very nice to finish it off with a workout that uses no dumbbells.
At Home Toned Thighs Workout // No Equipment is 19:08 minutes; no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by a 10 seconds recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Heather previews the next exercise.
- Side lunge (raise knee at top of lunge)
- Repeat #1 on other leg
- Side lunge hops (alternating side lunges, hop/shuffle to change legs)
- Heel lift & pulse (wide pulsing plie squats with one heel lifted)
- Repeat #4 with other heel lifted
- In & out squat hop (wide to narrow squat jacks, remain in squat the entire time)
- Side bridge & leg lift (in modified side plank (on one hand and one knee), top arm is extended to ceiling and top leg is extended straight, raise and lower top leg)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Lateral bounds (leap side to side, landing in narrow squat after each leap)
- Inner thigh lift (lay on one hip and bottom elbow, top leg is bent with foot on ground behind bottom thigh, bottom leg is extended straight with insole facing ceiling, raise and lower straight bottom leg)
- Repeat #10 on other leg
- Power jacks (jumping jacks but land in a wide sumo squat)
- 20 second recovery
- Repeat #1-12