Body Works is an interesting Cathe Live workout. I did like it, but I have noticed something about the most recent Live workouts I’ve been doing. They are not terribly intense. They seem to be more intermediate level workouts. I do enjoy them and I am still getting good workouts but I don’t feel like I am working as hard as I normally do when doing a Cathe workout. The cardio in this workout started out very intense. In fact, in the beginning, this workout seemed as if it would be an intense metabolic cardio + strength workout (I did use heavier weights than Cathe & class, so that helped to increase the intensity early on) but then the intensity dropped off. Still a good workout. She does hit every muscle group and gives you some good cardio. But lately, I have been feeling like I need something more than what these live workouts are giving me. Maybe it’s because I recently finished a round of MetaShred Extreme and some of the Cathe Lives I did immediately after were pretty intense (Smokin’ Lower Body, Upper Body Challenge, Keep the Cardio Coming, Strong & Lean Reps). But then the last few just didn’t work me nearly as hard. There is always a place for these types of workouts but I don’t want them one right after the other. However, that’s not Cathe’s fault. That’s just the way they fell when I plugged them into my rotation. But now I know!
Anyway! This is the last Cathe Live I will be reviewing for about 6 weeks (probably). I am doing another fitness program then all of the Cathe Blender workouts I created. But since I’m pretty sure I’ve done all of the Cathe Lives currently in the Live database that I am interested in, I will just be playing catch up, doing her newest live workouts when I start up again (and returning to favorite Cathe Lives, of course!).
Body Works is 55 minutes long; 6 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down/stretch. You’ll be using the firewalker in the warm up–around wrists for band pulls. There is core work at the end, but I didn’t break it down because she mixes it up with strength work (push ups and back band work). It aired live on 2/02/17 and here is the video clip.
- Split lunge jumps; change legs after 4 jumps
- Slide back lunge w/ one arm bicep curl (Cathe used one 10# DB, I used one 15# DB)
- Front raise (Cathe used one 10# DB, I used one 15# DB)
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Repeat #4
- Bicep curls w/ resistance tube
- Repeat #7 but add 5# DBs
- Squat digs and apple pickers
- 4 jacks + 4 air jacks
- Squat press (Cathe used 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Alternating overhead presses (Cathe used 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Sliding crossback lunges (Cathe used one 10# DB, I used one 15# DB)
- Pulsing tricep kickbacks w/ band
- Overhead tricep extensions w/ band
- Repeat #14 & #15
- High/low hopping punches to side
- Lateral sumo squat hops
- Sumo squats w/ upright rows (12# DBs)
- Band pulls (holding resistance tube in both hands, about 12 inches between hands, elbows close to sides–pull fast)
- Side straight arm circles w/ band under one foot
- Pulsing band raises to side (band still under one foot)
- Repeat #20, #21 & #22
- Plie jacks w/ firewalker around ankles
- Front/back/quarter turn jumps w/ firewalker still around ankles
- Lunge foot 4x to side + 4 jacks w/ firewalker still around ankles
- Lateral walks 4 steps to each side + jacks w/ firewalker still around ankles
- One arm bicep curl w/ band under one foot and both handles in one hand
- 3 lateral hops over mat + 1 tuck jump; tuck jumps change to jacks
- Lateral skaters over mat
- Sliding warrior lunges
- While remaining in lunge, slide working leg in and out fast
- Tricep push ups on knees
- Push ups on toes
- Marches in elbow plank
- Repeat #33 & #34
- Swim arms while in elbow plank; changes to knee jogs
- Seated T pulls w/ band
- Bicycle maneuver
- Straight leg & bent leg jack knife on one hip
- Reverse crunches
3 thoughts on “Cathe Live: Body Works”
I agree with your comments on the intensity of the workouts. I have always felt, for the most part, the Cathe Live’s are not advanced. She takes way too many water and stretching breaks. With DVD’s, I can skip to the next chapter if the breaks are too long. Thanks so much for all your reviews! I love coming to your site to see what you have to say! Michele
Thank you for all your in depth reviews! I visit your site often to see what’s good.
I, like you, also have a ‘problem’ of buying a bunch of workout programs..I doubt I will ever get to them all.. But will try. I can only squeeze in one workout a day..
Anyway..just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. It doesn’t go unnoticed.
You’re welcome Patrick! It is frustrating, isn’t it? I have this horrible compulsive problem of buying so many workouts and then wanting to them all–every day. But it is impossible. I want to try new workouts but I also want to revisit the ones I love.