This week has been (and still is through the end of the week) Cathe Live catch up for me–and there have been a lot of bootcamp workouts! But that’s okay because I love bootcamp workouts. Especially Cathe‘s. This one is a cardio + strength bootcamp workout. It is set up in 8 rounds. Each round starts with a cardio blast then has 2-4 strength/conditioning exercises. That’s how the first 7 rounds are set up, at least. The final round is more of a finisher and it is all cardio. Most of the cardio in the first 7 rounds isn’t terribly intense. A few are (Rounds 2 & 4) but most aren’t HIIT level. They just get your heart rate up, keeping the workout metabolic, so you’re burning calories throughout. Round 8 however, consists of 3 intense cardio exercises that end the workout with a HIIT level bang. Though it is a total body workout, I consider it more conditioning rather than strength training. You are hitting every muscle group, but not with enough work to count as true strength work. Still–an excellent total body metabolic workout. I do feel like the upper body is hit harder/better than the lower body. That worked perfectly for me, btw. My lower body is still sore from yesterday’s Lower Body Bootcamp. So it served my purposes today!
Fit Body Boot Camp is 49 minutes long; 4:30 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment needed: a variety of hand weights, a sliding device and a fitness mat. It aired live on 3/30/17 and here is the video clip.
- Regular jacks alternated w/ low jacks
- Pivoting sumo squats (one 12# DB)
- Overhead press/lunge down combo (10# DBs)
- Overhead tricep extensions (12# DBs)
- Power scissors (alternating plyo jump lunges)
- W curl into V press w/ rear lunges (Cathe used 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Side slide lunges
- Pivoting apple pickers
- Alternating oblique crunches w/ knee lift (one 8# DB)
- One deadlift + 2 upright rows (15# DBs)
- Hammer Curl/Clutch Curl; ends w/ alternating hammer curls (Cathe starts w/ 10# DBs and changes to 12# DBs; I used 15# DBs)
- Diagonal burpees; alternate sides
- Push ups alternated w/ renegade row; alternate sides (Cathe used 12# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Push ups
- Front swing w/ lat pull down (Cathe used one 10# DB, I used one 15# DB)
- Rear delt flys, 3 sets of 10 reps (10# DBs)
- Shuffle, shuffle, drop squat
- Sliding cross back lunge (sliding device + Cathe used one 10# DB, I used one 15# DB)
- Lateral straight arm circles (8# DBs)
- Straight leg jack knife oblique crunches (on one hip)
- 3 lateral jumps over mat + one tuck jump
- Slide back lunges w/ hammer curls (sliding device + Cathe used 10# DBs; I used 15# DBs)
- Side lying one arm tricep push ups
- Crab kicks (in crab, alternate tapping hand to opposite foot)
- Lateral skaters across mat
- Sweeper lunges (place end of DB on floor and hold top end w/ hand, slide same side leg back and in at a brisk pace) (15# DB)
- Iron cross (front raise, open straight arms to side, close arms then lower); changes to alternating straight arm front raise (8# DBs)
- Alternating cross-back lunges w/ overhead press (Cathe used 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Lateral plie walks, 4 to each side (12# DBs)
Round 8 (Finisher/Cardio only):
- 4 regular jacks + 4 air jacks
- Lateral hops; 3 sets (one 10# DB)
4 thoughts on “Cathe Live: Fit Body Boot Camp”
I’ll probably get it even though I have the original but have never done it. Not having a cooldown really turned me off to it, but this new one is supposed to include a cooldown after each workout. I have so many Live workouts left to do though so I’m not sure when I would get around to it!
I have the same problem. I have a so many new-to-me workouts, it seems silly to buy anymore. But I know I will get it eventually. Someone told me you can try it for free from their website–free 30 days of streaming. I might do that when I decide to try it. But as for now–I don’t even know when I’ll get to the stack of new-to-me workouts gathering dust on my shelves. Right now all I want to do is Live workouts, my blender workouts and MetaShred Extreme.
Slightly off topic…are you planning on buying RIPT90 FIT? 🙂
Hi Jodi! Yes, I do plan to buy RIPT90, but I don’t know when and I don’t know when I will do it either. Probably not for a while. Are you getting it?