No Equipment HIIT Workout is a cardio + strength workout from Heather Robertson that is all body weight. And it gets pretty intense. Especially with that first exercise–the star burpee. Exercise one includes air jacks! I was working hard during this workout but it was doable, too. I didn’t feel wasted at the end. I did this workout as a warm up prior to doing my Sunday yoga/flexibility workout and this definitely warmed me up nicely. According to my FitBit I burned 210 calories. Though this was a great workout, it is an example of why I enjoy Heather’s no repeat body weight workouts so much. This workout only has 7 exercises and you repeat them all 3 times. By the 3rd time through the circuit, I was ready for some variety! After I completed this workout, I did Heather’s Relaxing Full Body Stretch // Flexibility & Mobility, which cooled me down and stretched me out nicely.
No Equipment HIIT Workout is 28:56 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Star burpees (plank burpees (no push up) with an air jack when standing)
- Inchworm push up combo (do one regular push up then walk hands back so you are in pike and do one pike push up)
- Squat & lunge (one squat + one reverse lunge)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Climber knee taps (cross body mountain climbers, tap knee with opposite hand when you pull knee in under body)
- Triple boxer jump squat (3 jump squats + hold squat isometrically while doing 6 alternating front punches)
- Crab dance (in crab, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Repeat #1-7 two more times