20 Minute // Full Body HIIT Workout with Weights is a super intense total body metabolic strength workout. At least it was for me! I was working very hard. I got some serious cardio and strength in this workout. This is another excellent workout from Heather Robertson. She has so many! The most frustrating thing about them is how similar the titles are. They are so hard to tell apart from the titles! Good thing I have them broken down on this blog.
The workout is made up of a circuit of 6 different exercises that are repeated 4 times. It is done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds with 10 seconds of recovery. This workout moves! There really is no rest. The 10 seconds is just enough time to swap dumbbells. I was trying to wipe the sweat out of my eyes with my shirt sleeve during that 10 seconds. There is a counter in the lower right hand corner of the screen and during the recovery, a rectangle appears in the upper right hand corner previewing the upcoming exercise.
20 Minute // Full Body HIIT Workout with Weights is 21 minutes; 30 second intro, no warm up or cool down. I used Heather’s 5 Minute Warm Up and finished with her Quick Daily Stretch. Equipment: dumbbells (Heather is using 10 pound dumbbells). I used 20, 15, 12 and 10 pound dumbbells. The dumbbells listed below are what I used.
- Deadlift + Upright Row (15# DBs)
- Push Up Row (one push up + renegade row each arm) (20# DBs)
- Push Press (squat + overhead press) (12# DBs)
- Lunge + Curl (alternating reverse lunges with hammer curls) (12# DBs)
- Front Swing (holding one DB in both hands, do a kettlebell swing, lifting the DB all the way overhead) (one 15# DB)
- Weighted Jacks (still holding one DB with both hands, do jacks, pushing DB overhead) (one 10# DB)
- Repeat #1-6 three more times