30 Minute Rebounder Workout/No Repeat Upper Body Strength is a rebounder cardio + upper body strength workout–but you are not alternating cardio exercises with strength exercises. The workout starts with 15 minutes of cardio and ends with 15 minutes of strength. The warm up is extremely short but the stretch is nice and thorough. I found this to be an excellent workout but the 15 minutes of cardio was too short for me! You do 7 exercises then repeat them (one exercise changes when repeated). I felt like the first time through was the warm up. The exercises were intense, but I didn’t seem to get my mojo until we ran through the exercises a second time. Then I wanted more!
For the strength exercises, Naomi does every exercise at a very slow and controlled pace. She also tends to pause briefly at the top of a move for some isometric work. So you do not need heavy dumbbells. Light to moderate dumbbells will still give you an excellent upper body strength workout. I used 5-15 pound dumbbells. I could have lifted heavier for a few of the exercises, but I am nearing the end of a 6 week heavy weight strength rotation so my main strength work is done in the morning. This was a doubles workout (second workout of the day, after I get off work) so I counted it as some bonus, lighter strength work. But choose the right dumbbells for you strength/fitness level and this will work very nicely as a main strength workout.
This workout is done interval style. The cardio exercises are done for 50 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. The strength exercises are done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of recovery. The workout is done voice over with some excellent and motivating music. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recovery. During the recovery, Naomi previews the next move.
30 Minute Rebounder Workout/No Repeat Upper Body Strength is 35:52 minutes; 50 minute intro, 1 minute warm up, 15 minutes cardio rebounding, 15 minutes upper body strength and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and dumbbells. Naomi is using a set of 8 and 10 pound dumbbells. I used 5-15 pound dumbbells. Exercises #1-10 of the Rebounder Cardio segment are done for 50 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. #11 starts easing you into the upper body work. The strength work is also done interval style; each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of rest. The strength work is not done on the rebounder. However, she does use the rebounder on its side for the stretch.
- Double twist hop (twist hops to one side for 2 hops, center for 2 hops then to other side for 2 hops, when twisting, arms raise to shoulder level and reach in opposite direction you are twisting)
- One knee raise hop + one hop front kick, alternate legs (during knee raise pull arms down from overhead and during kick, extend arms out to sides in a T)
- Hop while bringing elbow to opposite knee 2x + 2 narrow squat hops + 2 wide leg hops, alternate sides
- Hop while bringing elbow to opposite knee + hop kick while punching opposite arm to front (remain on same leg the entire interval)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Squat jack legs + one high pencil jump
- High knee sprints
- Repeat #1-5
- Squat jumps, sticking briefly at the bottom of the squat; the last 15 seconds–no sticking, just squat jumps
- Repeat #7
- Jump with small arm circles; circles change to flapping your arms like wings
Upper Body Strength: Naomi used 8 and 10 pound dumbbells; the weights listed below are what I used.
- Double pulse rear delt fly (hinge forward at waist, do a rear delt fly and pulse DBs once at top of fly) (5# DBs)
- L arm switch (one arm does a front raise while other arm does a side raise, alternate arms) (5# DBs)
- Overhead press (10# DBs–I will lift heavier when I do this workout again)
- Slow push up
- Upper back extension (lay on stomach, legs extended straight, arms are at sides with palms facing floor, raise head, chest and arms and hold briefly)
- Overhead tricep press (French press) (10# DBs)
- Double arm tricep kickbacks (8# DBs)
- Tricep push ups
- Bent over row (15# DBs–I will lift heavier when I do this workout again)
- Upward pulses (arms are raised to shoulder height, elbows bent and DBs facing ceiling, arms are close to ears, in this position, do small pulses upward with DBs) (8# DBs–I will lift heavier when I do this workout again)
- Cactus press (start with arms in goal post or cactus, do an overhead press and when you lower arms back to cactus, bringing DBs/elbows together in front of body) (8# DBs–I will lift heavier when I do this workout again)
- T arm squeeze (straight arm front raised, at top of raise when arms are at shoulder level, open arms to a T, squeezing shoulder blades together, return arms in front of you and lower arms/DBs) (5# DBs)
- 2 plank row (renegade rows, but do 2 rows on one arm before changing arms) (15# DBs–I will lift heavier when I do this workout again)
- Slow bicep curls (12# DBs)
- Alternating hammer curls (12# DBs)