Intense No Repeats Fat Burning HIIT // Strength + Cardio is and awesome total body strength workout from Heather Robertson. As the title indicates, you are alternating strength exercises with cardio exercises. What is really cool is that most of the cardio intervals mimic the strength move you just completed in some manner. Sort of like contrast training, except most of the cardio moves in this workout are not plyometric (though they are high impact). This workout was a lot of fun. The “no repeat” aspect kept it interesting so the time seemed to fly by. I do feel like the lower body got the most and best work. I have no problem with that, but something to keep in mind. Heather gives you a longer than usual stretch at the end and I absolutely loved that. This workout is a major winner! This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Heather previews the next exercise.
Intense No Repeats Fat Burning HIIT // Strength + Cardio is 41:25 minutes; 4:20 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and exercise mat. Heather does not share the weight of her dumbbells but it looks like she is using 15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat (25# DBs)
- Jump squat
- Stationary lunge (hold one DB at same side shoulder as front leg) (one 25# DB)
- Lunge drive (reverse lunge, reaching arms overhead + knee raise, bringing hands down to knee)
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other side of body
- Plank & row (renegade rows, alternate arms) (25# DBs)
- Burpees (full burpee with push up at bottom and jump at top)
- Front swing (kettlebell style swing with one DB–hold one DB in both hands, hinge forward swinging DB between legs and when you stand, raise DB overhead) (one 20# DB)
- Jumping jacks
- Curtsy lunges (alternating cross-back lunges holding one DB in both hands at chest level) (one 25# DB)
- Speed skater (lateral skaters)
- Cross press (stand with legs wide holding a DB in one hand, keeping legs straight, hinge forward reaching DB down to opposite foot, stand and do one single arm overhead press) (one 16.5# DB)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- Pop squat (squat jacks, touching one hand to floor when in squat)
- 45 second rest
- Arnold push press (hold a DB in each hand at shoulders, palms facing you, squat and when you stand do one Arnold press) (16.5# DBs)
- Up & out jacks (jumping jacks, arms alternate opening out to sides in a T with raising both arms overhead with palms stacked)
- Side lunge (holding one DB goblet style) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #18 on other leg
- Side lunge hops (alternating side lunges, hop/shuffle when changing sides)
- Hammer curls (alternate arms, hammer curl DB in front of body, bringing to same side shoulder) (16.5# DBs)
- Ninja hop & curl (start in straight arm plank but holding DBs, jump feet to hands so you are in a deep squat, remain in deep squat while doing a double arm hammer curl, place DBs on floor again and jump feet back to plank) (15# DBs)
- T-push up (one push up + one side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with a push up between each side)
- Mountain climbers
- Bent over row (palms face behind you at bottom of move, rotate DBs so palms face each other at top of row) (30# DBs)
- High knee run
- Goblet squat (one 40# DB)
- In & out hops (squat jacks, squat when legs are wide and when they are narrow)
- Deadlift & row (deadlift + upright row) (15# DBs)
- Side leap & hop
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
5 thoughts on “INTENSE No Repeats FAT BURNING HIIT // Strength + Cardio”
Just did this one today thanks to your review. Much harder than I was expecting, you weren’t kidding when you said intense. Thank you for the time you spend putting these reviews together.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! I’m glad my blog is helpful!