30 Min Trampoline Cardio Kickbox HIIT | Light Weights | Rebounder Workout is an advanced and super intense rebounder workout from Michelle Briehler. OMG did this workout kick my a$$! When I saw the title I was super excited. The only other trainer (that I am aware of) who has done a kickboxing routine on the rebounder is Linda @ Barlates. And hers is a great little workout, but no where near the intensity of Michelle’s. I never worked this hard in a kickboxing workout that is done without a rebounder! I was sucking wind! It is a HIIT workout and man was I ready for every single recovery. Luckily, not every move is of the same intensity. There are 10 moves. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest/recovery. Then you get a longer recovery before repeating all 10 exercises. You do this 10 exercise circuit three times. I was sucking wind after the first time through the circuit! By the third my face was red! This workout was kicking Michelle’s a$$, too, which is saying a lot because she is a machine. In the 3rd circuit, during the hardest exercise (#7 & 8–hitch kicks) she took a personal break to come to the camera and motivate the home exerciser. I think she only did 15 seconds of the exercise! She got a much longer (and probably much needed) break than her background exercisers! Thankfully the 9th exercise (which is the exercise following the hitch kicks) is probably the easiest in the entire workout so it definitely felt like a much needed recovery.
Anyway, all of this to say that this is an excellent and uber intense cardio HIIT rebounder workout. According to my FitBit I burned 322 calories and spent a total of 15 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. That’s a lot but honestly–it felt like more! I expected to have spent 20+ minutes in my peak heart rate zone! I had to spend a little more time than the 2:40 minutes Michelle gave us to cool down and stretch.
30 Min Trampoline Cardio Kickbox HIIT | Light Weights | Rebounder Workout is 33:57 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 2:40 minute cool down/stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light dumbbells. Michelle is using 3 pound hand weights. I used 2 pound hand weights.
- Lateral ski hops with 2 side jabs + 4 scissor runs while punching DB overhead
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- One scissor run tapping one heel forward while also punching DBs overhead + one knee raise with a single arm front punch using opposite arm
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- One knee raise + one side kick (same leg) + one hook punch + one cross punch (other arm)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Stand behind rebounder, one foot on rebounder and one on floor, step other foot onto rebounder while doing a front kick with other leg (hitch kick)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Face the side and do 4 fast bounces while also doing 4 fast side jabs + 4 fast hops as you rotate to face other side then repeat on other side of body
- One squat jump + one side kick each leg
- 30 second water break
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Arms are extended overhead, do one scissor run tapping one heel forward + one knee raise while bringing DBs down to thigh
- Repeat #13 on other side of body
- Repeat #5-10
- 50 second water break
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Do one scissor run tapping one heel forward (arms are at sides) + one knee raise while doing a hammer curl
- Repeat #18 on other side of body
- Repeat #5-8 (for #7 & 8, Michelle didn’t use her DBs–I set mine aside, too!)
- Face the side and do 4 fast bounces while also doing 4 fast side jabs + 4 high knee runs as you rotate to face other side then repeat on other side of body
- Continue high knee run through 10 second “recovery”
- Repeat #10
For more info on Michelle Brieher’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “30 MIN Trampoline Cardio Kickbox HIIT | Light Weights | Rebounder Workout”