No Repeats Full Body HIIT Workout is Day 60 and the final workout in Heather Robertson‘s 12 Week program. This is the last HR12Week 2.0 workout I will be reviewing for a while. I did 42 of the 60 workouts in the program and they are all reviewed here. I am not sure if I will review the remaining 18. The majority of the workouts I did not do are cardio workouts and my primary means of cardio is rebounding, which is why I didn’t bother with them. But I do have them saved to a To Do list, so who knows? I may do them one day. There are also some body weight strength workouts I didn’t do and I am more likely to try those at some point. Again, if I do, that will be some time in the future. I need a break from Heather’s HR12Week 2.0 workouts for a while.
This workout was intense! It is a cardio + strength workout with lots of metabolic strength moves. By the time we got to the second half of the workout, my dumbbell choices were based on how fatigued I was–and I was pretty fatigued by the second half of this workout! The shorter recovery/longer interval also made this more intense. It is a total body strength workout; Heather manages to hit every muscle group at some point. It is a pretty excellent finale to the program. All of the exercises are done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down the intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Heather previews the next exercise. She also shows low impact modifications/variations for some of the exercises. I was pretty exhausted by the end of this workout but I still used Heather’s Standing Abs Workout // With Weights as a finisher. Its short, rounds out my hour and I’ve become pretty fond of it after returning to it recently. Core work never seems to make my abs sore anymore but the last 2 times I did this standing abs workout, my entire core was sore for days!
No Repeats Full Body HIIT Workout is 48:31 minutes (actually 47 minutes–last 1:30 minutes is Heather talking); 50 second intro, 4 minute warm up and 5:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 5, 10, 15 and 25 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used. I also used a resistance band for the Super V Squeezes (#21 below).
- Push press (stand holding DBs at shoulders, squat and when you stand do one double arm overhead shoulder press) (16.5# DBs)
- Deadlift, lunge & curl (one deadlift + one reverse lunge, alternate legs when lunging, when lunging do a double arm hammer curl) (15# DBs)
- Double arm bent over tricep kickbacks (13# DBs)
- Climber knee taps (mountain climbers, each time you bring one knee in under body, tap knee with opposite hand)
- Tricep push up
- Touch downs (hinge torso forward, alternate hop-tapping legs out to side, tap same side hand to floor each time foot taps out to side–if you are a Cathe fan, this is similar to her Fred Astaires)
- High pulls (upright row into goalpost arms) (13# DBs)
- Cross punch (alternating weighted cross punches) (5# DBs)
- Weighted jacks (jack the legs while doing an overhead press) (5# DBs)
- Tick tock lunge (holding one DB at one shoulder, do a pendulum lunge: step one leg forward into forward/front lunge then step same leg back into reverse lunge) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Squat toe taps (lower into partial squat and tap one foot out to side, alternate legs)
- Sumo squat (one 50# DB)
- Power jacks (sumo squat jacks)
- Curtsy lunge & kick (hold one DB goblet style, do one cross-back/curtsy lunge then lift same side leg straight to side) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #15 on other side of body
- Lean & jack (stand at one end of mat, lateral leap to other end of mat then do one jumping jack)
- Leap frog (squat jumps, tap fingers to mat when in squat, raise both arms overhead when jumping)
- 30 second rest
- Alternating renegade row (25# DBs)
- Super V squeeze (lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you, raise arms and legs in superman, hold and pull elbows behind back, push arms in front of you again then lower hands/legs) (I used a medium resistance band)
- Bear kick backs (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and elevated a few inches off the floor), alternate raising one leg, pushing sole of foot to ceiling)
- Ninja burpee (start in plank, jump feet into hands so you are in a squat, tuck jump, place hands on floor and jump feet back out to plank)
- Side lunge & raise (hold one DB in each hand, do alternating stationary side lunge, reaching DBs down to foot when in lunge, between each lunge do one double arm lateral raise) (8# DBs)
- Squat, curl & hop (holding one DB in each hand, lower into squat and hold, do one double arm hammer curl, stand and jump) (13# DBs)
- High knee twist (high knee run, bring hands to hip of same side leg that raises)
- Boxer jacks (jack the legs while doing alternating weighted front punches) (5# DBs)
- Ski swing (hold one DB in each hand, do fast squats, swinging DBs up behind you while in squat then swinging them to shoulder level when standing) (8# DBs)
- Bridge reach (sit on bottom with knees bent and feet on floor, one hand is on floor beside hip, raise hips so you are in crab/reverse table top while reaching other arm overhead and to side, reaching on a diagonal, alternate sides, lowering bottom back to mat when changing sides)
- Traveling push up (do one push up then walk hands out to one side, do another push up, walk hands back to start and do one push up, repeat on other side)
- Stand up & hop (start in high kneeling on mat, step one foot forward into kneeling lunge, step the other foot forward to meet it so you are now in squat, jump then reverse the motion, stepping one foot back so you are in kneeling lunge and the other leg steps back to meet it so you are back to the starting position of high kneeling, alternate lead legs)
- Kneeling squat (in high double kneeling with knees wide, DBs on shoulders, lower glutes to heels then raise back up to high double kneeling) (25# DBs)
- Jump squat
- Walking plank (alternate straight arm plank with forearm plank)
- Burpee jacks (one jumping jack when standing then place hands on floor and jump legs out into a wide leg plank, jump feet back into hands)
- Hold squat (hold chair pose isometrically entire interval)
- Star jumps (air jacks)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “🎉NO REPEATS Full Body HIIT Workout // DAY 60 HR12WEEK 2.0”
Happy saturday afternoon!
I did a FB H2.0 HiiT as well except I did Day 47. I got a great FB workout (plus cardio) for which I was very happy about. I supplemented with another 10 min glute band workout from Sydney and a tough 10 min ab workout from a new trainer, Gigi de Lacroix. She had a couple new-to-me moves which kept things interesting. She did one move (candle 1 leg drop or something like that) that I just couldn’t do because of my back but I quickly subbed another move.
I have 12 H2.0 workouts left to do. I may not do all of them but there are a few strength ones that I definitely want to do because they are a good match for my physical challenges right now.
LikeLiked by 1 person