I was pretty excited about this workout and it didn’t disappoint. HIIT Leg Workout // Strength & Power is cardio + strength lower body workout from Heather Robertson. Yesterday I did Heather’s Low Impact, No Repeats HIIT, which had long recovery times. This is the other workout I referred to in that review. As far as I know, this workout and Low Impact, No Repeats HIIT are the only workouts of Heather’s that have such long recoveries. Those 30 second recoveries lowered the intensity of the other workout but they are more appropriate in this workout. Some of the exercises in this workout are real burners and you need that long recovery so you can come back strong when you repeat the exercise. This is an excellent and fun lower body workout. I thoroughly enjoyed it and my lower body feels very nicely worked.
The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of recovery. Each exercise is done 3 times before moving on to the next exercise. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
HIIT Leg Workout // Strength & Power is 32:42 minutes; 3:30 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather is using 25 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Goblet squat (done to a brisk pace) (one 40# DB)
- Repeat #1 two more times
- Jump squat
- Repeat #3 two more times
- Deadlifts (37.5# DBs)
- Repeat #5 two more times
- Deadlift & hop (hinge forward into single leg deadlift, raising one leg straight behind you and tapping fingertips of one hand to floor, when you stand, bring back leg in front of you into knee raise and hop–balance move, alternate legs)
- Repeat #7 two more times
- Glute bridge (lay on back, knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, one heavy DB on hips, raise and lower hips) (one 40# DB)
- Repeat #9 two more times
- Low pulses (sumo squat pulse–lower to bottom of sumo squat and pulse) (one 50# DB)
- Repeat #11 two more times
- Reverse lunges (hold one DB goblet style and do alternating reverse lunges) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #13 two more times
- Curtsy squat & hop (alternating curtsy squat/cross back lunges, between each squat/lunge do one squat jump)
- Repeat #15 two more times