**If you received this as an unfinished post yesterday by accident, I apologize. I accidentally hit “publish” instead of “save draft.” I immediately corrected it on the actual blog, but that doesn’t stop the post from being emailed to subscribers.**
Rebounder Total Body Fusion is another excellent rebounder workout from AngieFitnessTV. This is a circuit workout in which every 5 minutes the focus and/or the equipment used changes. However, what never changes is using the rebounder. Everything except the stretch at the end is done on or using the rebounder in some fashion. I got an excellent workout. This is a cardio + strength workout but you are not doing any strength work with heavy weights. But Angie still manages to hit every muscle group in some fashion, so it really is total body. I really enjoyed this workout. Another winner from Angie!
In this workout Angie uses her cloth booty bands and recommends using them. She has a link to the kind she uses below the YouTube video. I also use cloth booty bands and I love them, too. For certain types of exercises (lower body in particular) the cloth booty bands are superior to the rubber ones. I use EnriQ Booty Bands but they look the same as the ones Angie uses. I love that Angie is a “real person” during this workout rather than a machine like some trainers (Linda @ Barlates). The very last body weight strength segment Angie does some side plank variations. The first side she is able to do everything. When repeated on the other side of the body she had to modify because she could no longer do the more advanced version of the exercise. Angie’s human! Just like the rest of us!
Rebounder Total Body Fusion is 45:24 minutes; 5 warm up and 5 stretch. Equipment: rebounder, booty band/resistance loop, ankle weights and light hand weights. Angie recommends 1, 2 or 3 pound hand weights. After the warm up you grab your light hand weights. Angie is using 2 pound hand weights for the first segment (I used 2 pounds as well).
- Alternating hammer curls while hopping on rebounder
- Scissor run/jumps while doing alternating bicep curls
- Hammer curl to overhead press while hopping
- Jumping jacks raising arms/DBs to shoulder height
- Double arm front raise while hopping
Set hand weights aside and put on ankle weights. Angie is using 2.5 pound ankle weights; I used 4 pound ankle weights.
- Jump on rebounder while doing bent arm circles
- High knee runs w/ hammer curl into overhead press
- Jumping jacks
- Scissor runs with overhead press
- Butt kick run
- Get into a deep lunge on the rebounder (rear knee is on canvas), hands are resting on T bar, do stationary lunges (at the bottom of each lunge, your knee taps the canvas)
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Stand on rebounder with hands on T bar and lift and lower one leg out straight to side
- Repeat #8 on other leg
- Alternating high knee raises (raise knees higher than T bar)
Remove ankle weights and place a medium resistance booty band around thighs, just above knees. Angie shows arm movements to accompany some of the moves but she doesn’t always continue them. I kept doing the arm movements to increase the cardio intensity.
- Bounce with legs wide
- Scissor run with legs wide enough to keep tension on loop
- High knee run
- Butt kick run
- Hopping heel digs
Replace medium booty band with lighter resistance booty band (loop is still around thighs above knees) and grab light handweights. Angie used 3 pound hand weights and I did as well, though I quickly swapped out to 5 pound dumbbells for #5.
- Bounce with alternating upright rows
- Jack legs with alternating front raise (raise arms/DBs overhead)
- Scissor runs with legs with alternating side rows
- Bounce with chest press arms (arms are in goal post)
- Small bounce (legs wide so there is tension on the loop) with fast alternating back rows (Angie calls them runners)
Remove band and set hand weights aside. Get a mat and place it on floor beside rebounder.
- Knee push ups with knees on the floor/mat and hands on rebounder frame
- Move hands to canvas and do more push ups (knees still on floor/mat)
- With feet on floor/mat and hands on rebounder frame, do tricep dips
- Lay on back on floor/mat, heels on rebounder frame, raise and lower hips; keep hips raised isometrically while opening and closing knees
- Same position as #4, but move body back slightly (or push rebounder away a bit) and place pads of feet (widest part under toes) on rebounder frame, raise and lower hips; keep hips raised isometrically while opening and closing knees
- Lay on side on mat/floor, legs straight and in line with hips, raise and lower top leg
- Side elbow plank with top leg on rebounder and bottom leg on floor underneath rebounder hold for 8 counts then raise top leg and hold for another 8 counts; continue alternating these two side elbow plank variations, holding each for 8 counts
- Straight arm plank hold with hands on floor/mat and feet on rebounder canvas
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Down dog with hands on floor/mat and feet on the frame of the rebounder, hold briefly then walk hands out to straight arm plank, hold for 30 seconds