Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. Which is why today I did Workout 21. Its the 5th workout in the series that I’ve done but the final workout in the series. And wow. It was tough. Claire says this is the most advanced workout she has created. She was struggling, too. BTW, I loved that about this workout. I was pushing hard to get through this super intense workout and Claire was pushing right along with me. She never stopped or took a break but you could tell she probably wanted to! This is a cardio + strength workout. You alternate one high intensity cardio move with one strength move. Though “arms” is in the title, this workout is total body. All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises. One minute is a long time for any move, but in this workout it sometimes felt like an eternity. An excellent and super intense workout but I have to admit, there might be some dread factor to the thought of returning to it. But Claire is so encouraging in this workout that I suspect maybe I will return to it. You do need a balance or T bar for the high intensity jumping in this workout as well as one of the strength exercises. Claire does give you alternatives if you do not have a balance bar. I like to bounce in yoga socks so I made sure I had spongy yoga mats placed on the floor around my rebounder for the strength moves.
Day 21 Bounce Arms with Stability Bar is 27:15 minutes; 50 second intro, no warm up or stretch. The last minute is Claire talking while you do a cool down move. And trust me, for this workout you need to cool down. I used this 2 minute rebounder warm up by Lisa Raliegh and finished the workout with Naomi Joy‘s Standing Cool Down Stretch. Most of that stretch can be done on your rebounder if you have a balance bar/T bar.
- Tuck jumps bringing heels to glutes when you jump
- Tricep dips with feet on floor and hands on rebounder frame
- Jack jumps (hands on bar, jump and open legs wide in a V)
- Elbow plank hold (elbows/forearms are on rebounder and feet are on floor)
- Hands on stability bar, legs and feet are together, jump high with legs straight
- Sit on rebounder, feet on floor, hold stability bar in an underhand grip, pull body up with hands and hold isometrically for the entire minute, bottom hovering over the rebounder mat, knees bent as if sitting in a chair
- Stand on rebounder, hold onto stability bar and lower into a squat, while holding squat isometrically, step out wide then back in narrow (this felt like a much needed recovery move to me)
- Repeat #1-7 two more times
For more info on SanFran Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “SanFran Fitness: Series 21, Day 21 Bounce Arms with Stability Bar”
Hey 👋 yes this one was super intense and crazy and I was determined to not give up. You must have read my mind when you said you reckoned I wanted to quit 😆
Thank you for being with me every step of the way.
LikeLiked by 1 person
This workout was crazy intense! But I am loving all of your workouts. I’m sure you noticed I only recently started doing your WONDERFUL rebounder workouts and I am binging on them now. I love them. Your wonderful and encouraging personality is truly what kept me motivated to keep going in this workout!