Total Body HIIT Workout // Strength + Cardio is another fun and effective cardio + strength workout from Heather Robertson. I have been doing a lot of Barlates lately and even though I do love Barlates workouts, I miss doing basic strength training along with straight forward cardio. That’s what you are getting in this workout. I got an excellent metabolic total body workout. Heather always delivers. Because I workout for an hour every morning, I used one of Heather’s shorter workouts as a finisher: Booty Burn. It did a great job finishing my lower body off.
The entire workout (including the warm up and stretch) is music only. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with 15 seconds of recovery between each exercise. There is a counter in the lower right hand corner of screen, counting down your interval. During the recovery, the next exercise is previewed in the center of the screen with a large counter counting down the 15 seconds.
Total Body HIIT Workout // Strength + Cardio is 44:30 minutes; 30 second intro, 4 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather is using a set of 5, 10 and 25 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Renegade Push Ups (renegade row each arm + 1 triceps push up–raise one leg when doing the push up, alternate legs) (15# DBs)
- Lunge + Squat Combo (one reverse lunge + squat, alternate legs on lunge) (15# DBs)
- Spot Spring (run in place)
- Tricep + Chest Press (skull crusher alternated with chest press) (10# DBs)
- Deadlift + Row (holding one heavy DB in both hands, do a straight leg deadlift into an upright row) (one 20# DB)
- Jumping Jacks
- Repeat #1-6
- 20 second rest
- Sit Up + Punch (full bent knee sit up with 2 punches at top) (5# DBs)
- Sumo + Front Raise (holding one heavy DB in both hands, do a sumo squat, stand and raise/swing DB overhead–swing is slow and controlled) (one 20# DB)
- Pop Squat (squat jack tapping ground with fingers of one hand every time you squat)
- Curl + Delt Raise (hammer curl into bent arm side raise) (8# DBs)
- Single Leg deadlift (alternate legs and raise other legs straight behind you when hinging forward) (one 30# DB)
- Full Burpee (push up while in plank)
- Repeat #9-14
- 20 second rest
- T Push Ups (do a push up then raise one arm/DB to ceiling while also rotating torso slightly) (10# DBs)
- Side Lunge Curl (alternating stationary side lunges, when lunging, reach DBs down to frame foot, when straightening between sides do a hammer curl) (12# DBs)
- Ninja Climbers (4 mountain climbers then jump feet in and raise hands off ground so you are in a catcher’s squat, place hands back on ground and jump feet back out to plank)
- Row + Kickback (one bent over row + single arm tricep kickback both arms) (12# DBs)
- Glute Bridge (lay on back, knees bent and heels on ground, with one heavy DB on hips, raise and lower hips) (one 30# DB)
- Jump Squats
- Repeat #17-22
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Total Body HIIT Workout // Strength + Cardio”