Wow! Another awesome and intense rebounder workout from Naomi Joy. Rebounder Total Body Circuit Workout // Strength + Cardio is a cardio + strength workout. It is done both on the rebounder (the cardio & core work) and on the floor (the strength work). There is no set pattern to this workout. It is one circuit of 17 exercises that you repeat. It ends with 5 minutes of intense core work (at least it was intense for me–my abs were screaming by the end of each interval). It is also a total body strength workout so you are getting it all in this workout: total body strength, cardio, core work plus a long and relaxing stretch. Another major winner! Naomi set this workout at another cool outdoor location. She said that in this workout she is showing you the industrial side of Vancouver. This one looks like it is in some kind of storage place with colorful metal shipping containers behind her.
This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds of work followed by 15-20 seconds of rest (usually 15 seconds). There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down total workout time. There is another timer in the lower right hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. Though she doesn’t show them, she does offer verbal modification suggestions for some of the exercises to make them easier.
Rebounder Total Body Circuit Workout // Strength + Cardio is 57:14 minutes long; 6:30 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder, dumbbells and fitness mat. Optional: a chair for one of the exercises in which you balance on one leg (#8 below). The warm up starts on the floor then moves to the rebounder. Naomi is using 10 and 15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Tricep dips (hands on rebounder frame, legs extended straight with heels on floor)
- Alternating side lunges, between each lunge (when standing/changing sides) do one standing chest fly with goalpost/cactus arms (13# DBs)
- Hammer curl into overhead press (15# DBs)
- Side to side squats on the rebounder (start with one foot on floor and one on rebounder, pulse 2x at bottom of squat, hop onto rebounder and squat, pulsing 2x at bottom of squat and hop one leg off other side of rebounder and squat, pulsing 2x)
- Plank row (renegade row each arm 2x before changing to other arm) (25# DBs)
- Squat into overhead press (18# DBs)
- Alternating front kick hops with arms extended and held overhead in a V
- Balancing single arm back row (balance on one leg, other leg is extended behind you, torso is hinged forward, hold this position while doing a single arm row) (one 25# DB)
- Pulse lunge + single leg deadlift (reverse lunge, pulsing 3x at bottom of lunge and when you come out of lunge, go straight into a single leg deadlift, lifting back leg straight behind you) (20# DBs)
- Single leg bounce (one leg is raised with knee bent, other leg bounces, arms cross in front of you and pull back)
- Repeat #8-10 on other side of body; when repeating # 10, reach arms overhead and pull elbows down behind you
- One push up, at top of push up hold plank and bring knee under body, across to opposite elbow, alternate legs with a push up between each side
- Alternating hopping knee raises, pull arms down from overhead to frame thigh as it raises
- Straight arm lateral raise (8# DBs)
- Around the world squat jumps (holding one DB in both hands, do squat jumps, turning with each jump so that you eventually make a complete circle) (one 12# DB)
- High knee run, tapping fingertips together under thighs as leg raises
- Repeat #15, circling in the opposite direction
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-17
Core: (each exercise done for 50 seconds followed by 15 seconds of rest)
- Lay on back on rebounder, hands behind head, elbows open to sides, scissor straight legs
- Still laying on back on rebounder, arms at sides holding rebounder frame, draw a large circle with straight legs, alternate directions
- Still laying on back on rebounder, extend arms straight overhead while also extending legs straight in line with body then pull knees into chest while reaching hands to ankles
- Still laying on back on rebounder, extend arms straight overhead while also extending legs straight in line with body, raise straight legs to ceiling while reaching arms beside body and pulse crunch 4x, reaching hands past hips
- Still laying on back on rebounder, extend arms straight overhead while also extending legs straight in line with body, flutter legs as if swimming
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Rebounder Total Body Workout Circuit Workout // Strength + Cardio”